Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dr. Seuss-Oh the Thinks You Can Think! Cookies



Happy Tuesday to you one and all,
The skinny, the pudgy, the short and the tall!
Pull up a seat, come on, stay a while,
I'll do my best to make you smile!
See I told you the books make me rhyme,
I seem to be doing it all the time!
I try to stop I really do. 
I try to talk normal in a sentence or two. 
The rhymes just keep coming without a fuss,
So much so they are putting me on the bus.
To go away and find a quiet place,
Before they all throw a pie in my face!!!!


We are counting down to Dr. Seuss's birthday this coming Saturday, March 2nd.  Not as big of a countdown as last year, but I am throwing in bits of fun each day.

You too can have fun with Dr. Seuss.  Need some ideas?  Check out my post from last week! It has all the links from our Dr. Seuss week last year.  It was SO much fun!  Go HERE for the links.

Now for the cookies.  Thanks to Pinterest I was inspired by cookies for a special Dr. Seuss treat.  Well at least for me they looked Dr. Seussish.  They made me think of a certain Dr. Seuss book, Oh the Thinks You Can Think.......yes, you will hear more of my made up rhymes.

Unfortunately they did not turn out like the great picture I found on Pinterest. Nothing ever turns out like pictures for me.





You can think up some cookies. That's what you can do.
You can think them in colors of green, purple and blue.
You can think them in red.
You can think them in pink.
You can think them in black.
Oh the THINKS you can think!



So what do YOU think?  I think they look more like cRaZy psychedelic cookies. Ryan thought they would be great for St Patty's Day too.  They are just plain sugar cookie dough (store bought) colored with food dye and rolled in sprinkles. 

It really does not matter what they look like when they are gone in less than two minutes.  Enjoy your Dr. Seuss FUN this week!

Super easy recipe for the rainbow pinwheel cookies . 
 
                                                                             

1 comment:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

You are so funny! Not to mention clever.