Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dr. Seuss

Good Thursday morning to you.  It is a cool, rainy day here.  #1 is fighting to get over a nasty cold and cough.  #2 is fighting his way out the door from his sick brother trying to keep him indoors.  And this momma is fighting to stay calm and carry on.  But all is good and life goes on.

So someone has a birthday next Saturday, March 2nd.  And that person is Dr. Seuss!!!! 



Do you remember our BIG Dr. Seuss week last year?  If not I am sharing all the links below.  And since his birthday is right around the corner I thought I would share it early so you have time to plan.  You too can have a FUN week leading up to his birthday next Saturday. 



We'll stick to our normal routine this year for school, but reading will strictly be Dr. Seuss books for the week.  Oh the FUN we will have reading!!!  And the FUN I will have making up silly rhymes!!!
Then on Saturday, his birthday, we'll celebrate with Truffula Tree cupcakes. 

I confessed last year I was not originally a big fan of Dr. Seuss and his amazing books.  BUT after our FUN week last year I learned more about this man and have grown to love him.  And love so many of his quotes.  Here are just a few of my favorites.

Lots of ideas for a big Dr. Seuss Birthday & Read Across America celebration        


   

So if you are looking for some fun ideas to add to your school week check out the links below.  Or just for FUN!  Below are four days of FUN with Dr. Seuss.  I left Friday open last year to go see The Lorax on that opening day.  It worked out great.  But you could always rent or buy the movie to watch at home.  Hmmmm, that might be a great idea for us!


Day 1 
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4

It's all about learning and that is always FUN.
Indoors on the couch or out under the SUN!
Get out of your normal with Dr. Seuss
And you too can be as happy as a goose!
I'll share any fun we have next week.
And you can bet I'll be rhyming and making the boys freak!



...........or next week!  Have FuN planning your Dr. Seuss week!

No comments: