Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello October 2013!

 
Cool mornings, delightful afternoons and evenings perfect for snuggling.  Oh and our evening walks where I need a jacket!  Hot cider or cocoa.  Comfort casseroles and big pots of stews or soups.  Light jackets and boots.  And scarves!  Sitting to watch the leaves fall and feeling the change in the air.  Sunday football if nothing more than for background noise and baseball playoffs.  Halloween candy and costumes.  Pumpkins, apples and pears.  Changing colors in nature. Baking with the windows open.  Oh and pumpkin spice anything.  Now that is October to me!

I am so longing for cooler temps.  I stepped outside today at 4:30 (yes, that is 4:30 AM) as Brant left for work and it was as if I was slapped across the face with a lovely warm wet towel.  YUCK!  Unfortunately we live in an area where temps are still warm.  And we "might" see cooler temperatures every now and then during the fall and winter months.  They "say" Sunday morning is suppose to be in the 50s.  I'll believe it when I feel it.  You might say I am truly missing North Texas fall weather......especially the dryer climate.  Humidity is a killer!

But hey, you know what?  I am a big girl and have become quite accustomed to not always getting my way.  And my dreams remain dreams many days.  So when that happens I work through it.  I go with plan B and try my darndest to make the best of what the Good Lord has given me.

So after a busy morning and afternoon we are home now.  I have turned down the AC (and am kinda pretending it is COOL outside), made myself a PSL, grabbed my favorite quilt and will veg for just a little while. 



Oh and dream of all the FUN we'll have now that October is here....and still dream of cooling temps. 
What comes to your mind when you think of October? 

4 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

October is my favorite month and we're still having warm days..80's anyway. I'm looking forward to a little later in the month when the leaves change and I can take a fall ride with Sam!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Hello October. Just like you, it's as though we are having an Indian summer. We just might see October weather come November :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE autumn! Love the pumpkins, homemade applesauce(6 boxes on my porch, just waiting), chilly breezes, the first fire in the woodstove(last week), warm colors of red, brown, and orange, falling leaves, hot chocolate, and sweaters and boots. You have inspired me. I think I shall go post about my fall LOVES ♥

Heather Nelsen said...

Changing leaves, cooler weather, perfect afternoons, boots, and coffee! Fall is my favorite season! We just need it to start cooling down here in Georgia! I'm ready for those crisp mornings you're talking about!