Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Peck of peaches


This past weekend we had the pleasure of my sister bringing us a peck of peaches. 
Not just any peach.....these are freestone peaches from Cooper Farms in Fairfield, Texas.  YUMMY! 
http://www.cooperfarmspeaches.com/
What do you do with a peck of peaches.......besides just eating them.  
Well for a while now I am have been wanting to make Peach Salsa.  LOVE peach salsa!
So last night my wonderful husband did ALL the chopping and we made this delightful summer treat.
It is a tad spicy and oh so fresh!  It made 4 jars that I intend to share and of course keep one for us.
We still have a ton of peaches so I suppose I am forced to make peach cobbler, peach pie, maybe peach ice cream, etc.  Oh and more salsa!  Any other ideas?  Send them my way.
I sure can't let these peaches go to waste.


                                                                        

1 comment:

Janet said...

Looove good peaches!
We also can them to have for later--for peach cobblers,pies,etc.
I have my Grandmoter's old Canning book, and during the Summer, I put it to good use for sure!
Another idea is to use them to make jelly or preserves~great with homemade biscuits:)