Friday, July 30, 2010

Sneaky and Ornery

No this is not my normal 8AM-Joy thing I like to do on Fridays, but I had to share a couple of funny stories about Sneaky and Ornery.  
Wow do they ever learn quick!!!!
Yesterday Matthew came in from outside to tattle on his brother for the umpteenth time.  I have no idea at this point what it was about, but I told him to tell Ryan to come see me. 
Shortly after that Ryan comes in and says,  "Momma, did you really make a chocolate cake?"
Yep, you guessed it.  Matthew went back out and told his brother I made a chocolate cake just to get him in the house to get in trouble.  And Ryan fell for it!   Sneaky!
OK a week ago I just so happened to walk in the backyard to check on the boys.  They had been eating Popsicles.  Matthew proceeds to tell me that his brother had been throwing his Popsicles sticks over in the neighbor's yard.  Our backyard---neighbor's front yard.
I said, "When...just now?"
Matthew says, "All the time."
Ryan just smiled.  Ornery!
I could not believe it! For weeks now they have been eating Popsicles.  There is no telling how many have been thrown over the fence!  Well I made him go around to their yard and pick up every Popsicles stick he could find.  If I remember correctly there were about 5-6. 
When asked why he did it he said, "Well an invisible monster made me do it."
Ornery!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh, Tasha, that is too funny!
Sounds just like something my little punks around here would do!