Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dreaming of Fall

The boys were outside at 7:45 this morning playing.  It was and still is a cloudy day and a nice 84 degrees.  While the boys were out they discovered our Burr Oak is covered in acorns.  Our first sign of what I am longing for......FALL! 

I know, I know we still have a couple of months of HOT days, but to see these acorns growing gives me hope.  And makes me dream of Fall days.  The changing colors, the leaves falling, the cooler days and SO much more that I love about Fall.  So today I am dreaming of Fall.

***Note about acorns***-If you are a local and would like some let me know.  These are BIG acorns!  Most are the size of a golf ball....some bigger and smaller.  Around October they start falling.  I try to watch each morning to grab them before bugs, worms and such attack them.  Some fall with the little hat thingy on them and some do not.  We usually have a ton.  They are green in the picture, but of course by the time they fall off the tree they beautiful shades of brown.
I use them throughout Fall for decorations.

2 comments:

Janet said...

HA! You and I are on the same page...I am ready for Fall also.
I love Summertime, but, with all the having to stay inside because of the heat, I am just ready, for myself and for Sage!
Besides, Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons!
I love decorating with stuff from right outside my door also!

Love y'all and hope Friday goes great!

Janet said...

And, btw, you comment about the vaccines...again, same page...