Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Easy!

I am asked daily after lunch and dinner, "What's for dessert?"  I have no one to blame, but myself.  That is just how we do things around here.  A meal is not complete without a dessert.  And usually we do dessert up BIG!  But we have "tried" to save the big ones for the weekends.
During the week is where I struggle.  I will have homemade or, forgive me, store bought cookies.  Puddings, jello and even fresh fruit. 
And now I have a new, EASY, quick and yummy dessert.  And the boys can help make it!!!  They love to help in the kitchen.  Not sure of what we will call them, but they were a hit!  Gone within 10 minutes.......I obviously did not make enough.
I will call them Sweet Flour Tortillas.  I took 4 flour tortillas(we only buy La Banderita....look for the Mexican flag, they are by far the best store bought flour tortillas!)and used my pizza cutter to cut into triangles.  Melted butter and let the boys paint the triangles.





Next they added sugar and cinnamon.  I baked them at 350 for about 15-20 minutes.  YUMMY!
I am sure this will be a new staple in our house.  Especially for those nights I have nothing else to offer for dessert. I also think these would be good with a sweet salsa..........I think I hear a peach salsa calling my name.  I didn't get a picture of the finished triangles because they were gone before I remembered, but I think you get the picture.  Next time we will step it up a bit and drizzle chocolate over them right out of the oven. We just can't do dessert simple.  Good thing these sweet triangles are so EASY!!

No comments: