Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Randomness from 5 year old boys

Well we had our first fist fight here today!  Ryan PUNCHED Matthew in the jaw.  Ryan has a pretty strong arm for a five year old.  You should see this kid throw a baseball.  
Anyway, Matthew was bugging Ryan and he decided he had had enough.  PUNCH!  In the jaw. Matthew was screaming holding his face.  Thank God Matthew had just lost his tooth earlier or this may have knocked it out.  I think we have our hands full.
***** 
As I was putting Matthew's PJs on one night he says........
Matthew:  Momma, what does W E H T T A M spell?
Me: I don't know Matthew.....I have no idea. What?(I heard him spell it, but it sure did not sound like a word)
Matthew: It's my name spelled backwards!
*****

After dinner we have family Bible study.  Before we begin Brant prays for the Bible study.  Last night after Brant prayed we all opened our eyes and Ryan has his head on the table, eyes closed, making snoring sounds.  He is such the wise guy!
*****

Driving in the car the other day I hear Matthew singing.  As I listened closer I figured it out.  He was singing
Juicebox Hero.  On the radio at the time was the old tune Jukebox Hero.  It was so cute I am in the process of writing a tune about Juicebox Heros.  (if you have no idea what song I am talking about look up Jukebox Heros on Youtube)
*****

Lately I have had to take toys anyway from the boys because they will not pick them up.  Toys like LEGOS!  Three different sizes.  Big, medium and SUPER tiny(and there are hundreds of these!) So when they get out all 3 sizes it is a totally wreck! Well I took them all away,  BUT they still have their Lincoln Logs.  I go to the grocery store yesterday and come back to find Lincoln Logs all over Ryan's bedroom. 
I called him in his room and asked who made this mess.  Without any hesitation or second thought he says Matthew did it.  So I then call Matthew in there and tell him Ryan says he did this.  Immediately Matthew starts freaking out and says he did not do it that Ryan did it. I knew he was telling the truth.
I then inform him someone is lying and God knows who that is.....who did this? 
Ryan says...with that Ryan grin, "Well I think I made a teny, tiny mistake....I didn't mean to lie."  This boy knows how to lie and does it good.  God help me nip this in the bud!!!
*****

And I saved the best for last.  Today has been cloudy and RAINY!  And has made the temps go down.  It has been in the high 80s.  YES!  So with temps like that I did not mind getting out to run errands.  The boys were longing to get out of the house so after lunch we loaded up and took off.  Quick trips in and out of 3 different stores looking for certain supplies for school.  As we got out of the car on our last stop the boys discovered the parking lot was FULL of puddles.  Yep, you guessed it.  They had to JUMP in every puddle in the parking lot.  And I didn't say a word.  Cars had to stop or wait as I allowed my little boys to be boys and jump in every rain puddle they could find.  And as I watched people waiting and watching my boys, most had a big smile from ear to ear.  It has been so HOT around here lately I think all the rain may have put people in a good mood.  As we are shopping we can hear it raining again.  The boys were so excited because that meant bigger puddles.  And so as we walked to the car to come home they did it all over again.
Same thing.....cars waiting and stopping and smiles from friendly folks.
Matthew says, "You know Momma, it kinda feels good for your feet to be wet in flip flops."
It sure does when it usually is 106 with the heat index!!
*****

And that is your randomness from 5 year old boys.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, Tasha, you have got a couple jokers on your hands!!
They are just too cute and funny!

And, Lord, yes, it has been so nice here today! Only about 93 with low humidity...I feel a change in the air!
My sister and I stood out in her yard and talked for a while this evening, after a few minutes we just looked at each other and said at the same time "I'm not even sweating!":)

Yvonne said...

I will never hear that song again without singing Juicebox Heroes!!! LOL!!! That is a good one!