Sunday, October 3, 2010

Make Your Home a Haven

Mondays are a love of mine.  I love a fresh new week. I also like to plan how our week will go.  That takes time and energy, but so worth it. Today I have already been planning and laying out stuff for our new week.  I am a planner!
I am linking up with Monica over at The Homespun Heart to make my home a haven. 
I love being at home.  I am sometimes stunned at how many days I can stay in without leaving.  So to make my home a Haven is a must!   I can plan and make my lists, but that will do me no good if I do not from the beginning ask my Heavenly Father to lead me in my day.
I get up early every morning to spend some time with God.  I am anxious this week to follow along with Monica reading over Psalm 107.
Spending that time with God allows me to open his word and meditate on it.  To have the quiet time to listen to what it says, what it instructs me to do.  And to trust that it will all go smoothly.  Most days I am in constant communication with Him.  Thanking him as each task is accomplished because of his guidance.
So tomorrow my day will go something like this:
*wake at 5Am and get dressed
*coffee and bible study
*computer/check emails
*feed myself and the boys
*start school by 8AM
*grocery shop
*bake cookies(Pumpkin with butterscotch chips)with the boys
The weather should be amazing so I am certain we will spend a good part of the day outside Praising God.  Maybe even do our Muffin Tin Monday under the boys' fort on the picnic table.  They will love that!
Once afternoon comes I will make sure my Haven is tidy(I said tidy, not clean)and start dinner.  Oh no!  I didn't plan that, but I still have time.  We can always do leftovers and go back outside to enjoy this cooler weather.
I plan to enjoy my Haven this week.

4 comments:

Clorissa said...

Hi Tasha,

Just stopping by from Monica's blog.
We are a lot alike in that we both like Mondays. Your enthusiasm is catching! I hope you enjoy your week. I will be reading Psalm 107, too!

Sincerely, A Sister in Christ,
Clorissa

Ginger said...

Tasha, interesting that we both have the same blog name! Have a great Monday

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi Tasha!

Great ideas for today! I hope your day is blessed for seeking Him first and creating a Haven for your family!

Blessings,
Monica

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful role model to others on how to be a follower of Christ and a mother to your children! I love your enthusiasm for Mondays...I wish it were contagious!

Blessings,
Valerie