Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wedding Fever

***Canceling Scrumptious Saturdays AGAIN!  Too hot to think about cooking!!  Check back next week for some guest posts.****


No it is not our anniversary.  I just have Wedding Fever thanks to Melissa over at
I am linking up for this Wedding Fever FUN!


Just because I am madly in love with the greatest man in the whole wide world am I doing this for fun!  And btw I would renew our vows in a heartbeat to have another wedding. I loved the whole day!  I will not bore you with every little detail, although there are lots of exciting things to tell, I'll highlight some amazing and funny favorites.

Brant and I got married on April 17, 1999. I can remember as we started planning for it "1999" sounded so strange to everyone. We did start planning almost two years before so maybe that had something to do with it.

We were planning to pay for most of it ourselves so we needed that extra time.  And I planned our wedding 6 hours away from where we would be getting married. 

We got married in our home town. 

In a fairy tale home that the day of the wedding we had full rein over......along with all our guests.
It sits on 88 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds.  Since our wedding hurricanes have taken many of the trees giving it a totally different look.  But I still remember it from our wedding day.


The actual ceremony took place in the solarium.  It was set up with chairs for our guests and as soon as the ceremony was over it was transformed into the reception area.  For a party I still smile about. 
Here is my Daddy giving me away.

Music was something I wanted to have fun with at our wedding.  I did the traditional wedding march down the aisle, but once the JP announced us husband and wife as we made our way back down the aisle Harry Conick Jr. sang "It had to be You".

We prepared for the receiving line(not sure many people have these anymore....maybe it is an old Southern thing)as our guest stood in line to greet us and give us their congrats.

The staff transformed the solarium into the reception area.  Guests made their way to food and drinks and waited our arrival as Mr. and Mrs. Brant Fontenot.

The DJ announced our presents and we entered to the song "I can't see Me lovin nobody but You" by The Turtles.   And then the party began.

We danced our first dance to "I Found Love" by Kenny Wayne Shepherd.  We had the Groom and Mother dance.

And then..........it was time for the Father and Bride dance.  The DJ ask everyone to gather around the dance floor.  My heart was racing with excitement(just typing this I am getting all anxious!!!).
The DJ announced the Father and Bride dance was about to begin.  And the music started!

Me and my Daddy danced to none other than "Disco Inferno" by The Trammps!!!  It was a hoot!  A blast!  It got this reception started in a FUN way!!!  We had planned it for months!!!!

So that gives you a very good idea of what our reception was like.  Pure, good dancing and FUN!

The rest of the evening we danced and danced.  Me and my high school friends danced while Brant and all the guys hung out on the massive porch in front smoking cigars.

The night finally came to end and it was time for us to go.  We left the reception as the DJ played "Love Shack" by the B52s.  And we were headed to Playa del Carmen.

As I look back it was such a FUN day!!!!  Lots of laughs and HAPPY tears!!!!  I have left out SO much, but these I suppose are the best memories that come to my mind today.


And for those too young to know Disco Inferno I have provided you with that song. Click on the link below and enjoy!



 
Burn Baby Burn!

3 comments:

championm2000 said...

Thanks so much for playing along! I am glad you had as much fun as I did looking back and remembering the good times!

I am in love with that gorgeous house and the solarium--wow!

Sounds like you had fun with the music selection, too. As I read your description, I could hear the songs :-)

You were a beautiful bride. I love the classic look of your gown, and from your smiles, I can tell you were/are one happy couple.

Happy wedding day--all over again!

Holly G said...

You were such a beautiful bride! It's so nice to read about all the happy wedding memories as well as think about my own. :)

I came over from MaMe Musings - thanks for sharing!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Hey there! Hoping over from MaMe's awesome link up...

What a beautiful day! You look soooo happy and blessed!

My hubby and I were married in 2004 and we are renewing our vows on some beach somewhere in 2014! Can't wait!