Friday, September 9, 2011

School Room Makeover

The room is complete!!!!  And just in time for school on Monday. 

It is just lovely and so much brighter.  It looks totally different than when we started school last year. 

I still have a few things I want to add in the room for color as well some other major projects, but right now it is complete for 1st grade to begin!!!

I said on Monday I would share pictures from last year and then pictures of the new room.  So without further ado.........................

Kindergarten Room-Fall 2010




We loved our room last year!  Although we quickly found out the boys really did not need all the visuals like "I" thought they would.  It was a great Kindergarten room and a good start for me to feel like I was really teaching school.   But to be completely honest here I don't want our home education to look anything like a public school setting.  For us learning at home should look like our home.  A relaxing, no school feel. 

No worries though we have plenty of posters, dry erase boards and books to get out and make the place look like "school".

These are OUR views and do not have to look like your views if you homeschool.  That my friend is the beauty of homeschooling.......each family's view is going to be a little different.

And will probably change a little from year to year.

Which brings me to this year's "school" room/dining room.


1st Grade Room-Fall 2011







And there it is!!!  The new and improved dining room/school room!  I love the brighter color.  And I love that it looks like a dining room with all our school stuff in a closet just steps away. These pictures are probably a little brighter than what it actually is because I had to use the flash.

I am excited to get started on my other projects for this room in the Fall, but happy it is complete for now to start school.

School Room Makeover DONE!!!!!!  For now..................

3 comments:

Jamie Boros said...

I LOVE the bright new room! It's lovely Tasha! You have such a great sense of style and I love seeing all the beauty of your hardwork in photos. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! Your dining room is BeAuTiFuL ♥ and I like your thoughts about not needing all that "school" stuff out all the time. When school is in session it looks like school, but otherwise I like HoMe to look like home:) Happy 1st grade to you and the boys!!!

Heather Nelsen said...

I love it!! I have that same READ poster in my classroom! I actually did a post of my classroom makeover this summer. Check it out if you want to! http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-feature-and-classroom-makeover.html

Hope you are having a great weekend!!