Friday, November 4, 2011

Pilgrims and Indian-A craft for children

Happy Friday!!!!  It is a cool 38 degrees this morning and I LOVE it!!!  I am sharing a Thanksgiving craft that would be fun to do with young children.

A very simple craft for children. 

When it comes to crafts I do most things very simple.  I just don't have the patience with the boys to do really labor intensive crafts.  OK wait a second....let me back up....not the boys, just Matthew.
Ryan has NO interest in crafts.  It is usual me and Matthew.  And this one was no different.  Ryan was out working with Daddy in the garage while me and my crafty son made pilgrims and an indian.

This is not a special craft that we will have next year, but it was fun making it with Matthew.  He had seen me looking for crafts on the computer last week.  When I came to this one he immediately stopped me and ask if we could do this one.  I said sure!
So we quickly used up three toilet paper rolls and got started!

Here is what you will need:
-toilet paper rolls
-construction paper
-glue
-scissors and or tape
-markers
I don't have detailed instructions to give, but felt like you could look at what we did to get an idea and go from there.  Feel free to ask specific questions if you have any.

Matthew did the indian. NO help from me! I thought they turned out cute and the boys both loved them. 
I then made the pilgrim woman while Matthew added a background scene with grass and the teepee.  Go back up and see it in the first picture.  He is so creative!
After we were all done they played with their new friends all afternoon.  They will be trashed by Thanksgiving I am sure, but it was fun spending the time with just Matthew making them.  Ryan did come back and forth to check things out as we made them.

Do you have any Thanksgiving crafts you are posting on your blog?  I would love to share them!    Leave me a comment.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  Bundle up, get outside and do something FUN!!!!

4 comments:

r said...

sweet!

Renee, Lindsey, and Lauren Fontenot said...

Wow! Matthew did a great job.

championm2000 said...

Fun! Way to go, Matthew!

The babies made a cool suncatcher from a leaf at school this week. I hope to get around to blogging about it soon!

Blissful & Domestic said...

Love this craft Tasha. Matthew did a great job on the teepee