Friday, February 17, 2012

HOMEMADE pizza and more!

You may remember at the beginning of this year I made a goal to make more things homemade. 

And have!!!  But last year I had already been making a few things homemade that we really LOVE!!!

One of those is PIZZA every Friday night!!!!! We LOVE our Fridays!!!!!! 
I like to call it TTLIPN----Thank The Lord It's Pizza Night! 
Not really I just made that up(giggle-giggle). But seriously we I love pizza night!!!!
Today I want to share an old post(homemade granola bars)and a couple of recipes/links to two of our family's favorite homemade foods.

Homemade Granola Bars-I have been making these granola bars for a while now.  It is so easy to change up what goes in this recipe to suit your family's taste.  I can't remember the last time I bought a box of granola bars at the grocery store! The money I save is another plus!!!!

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese-OH! MY! For me this is the ultimate comfort food.  Nothing better than cheese and pasta together. For years I had wanted to make HOMEMADE mac-n-cheese. I have tried several different recipes, but this is THE one!!!  I was very intimidated by this recipe the first time I made it, but now it is a piece of cake. For the life of me I can't imagine NOT making homemade macaroni and cheese.  I insist you try it!!!!!

Homemade Pizza Crust-I started making this after Thanksgiving last year thanks to my SIL.  We have had it every single Friday night since.  Friday nights are my very favorite supper night of the week!!!  I ♥ pizza!!!  This link will show both the crust and some nasty buffalo chicken pizza recipe too.  Not a fan of chicken on pizza, but you might love it.  So you get two recipes out of this link!

The recipe above makes two pizzas.  We must always have one cheese pizza.  Tonight the second will be Italian sausage, onion and mushroom!  YUMMY!

I have tried making our own sauce, but it never comes out tomatoey.  I am embarrassed to say I use a store bought sauce(the shame...I know!).   So far I have tried 3 different homemade sauces and they just did not cut it.  I want so badly to make a homemade sauce full of flavor and to have that full body taste of tomatoes with lots of herbs! 
**IF you have a homemade sauce you truly love for pizza I am open to try it, if it is simple. Send me an email**
So do you have a set Friday night supper?  It sure makes it easy to know every Friday what we are having. 

HAPPY FRIDAY to you all!!!  I'll be back later today with HAIR pictures of the boys!!!  I know there are a few of you waiting ever so patiently to see their new dos.  I might throw in a picture of mine too!
I am not cutting it just yet.  All things are bigger in Texas my hair might as well be too! My mind is gearing up for the Farrah look or those looks of the 80s.  Bring on the Aqua Net!!!!!

Now get outside and have some FUN!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Friday nights are pizza nights for us too! I know what you mean about home-made pizza sauce. We have yet to find a recipe that we like, so we use store-bought too:o) Enjoy your pizza, I know we will!