Thursday, February 2, 2012

My heart


I really needed to sweep this evening.  After Brant worked in the gardens, two little boys running in and out all day and a dog trying to keep up you can imagine the trash on our floors. 

While I swept I came across a paper heart.  A pink little paper heart.  It was fairly clean, but soon became really dirty. It was mixed with dirt, trash, dust balls, leaves, dead grass, etc. 



As I continued sweeping I stopped and stared at the heart. I could not help but think how it is very much like my heart when I do not go to my Heavenly Father and confess my sins.

My heart soon is covered in nasty, dirty sin that will not come clean until God hears me speak to Him.

The Bible tell us,
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.   1 John 1:19

And I can pray this prayer,
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.  Psalm 51:10

So there is hope!!!! 

My heart can be clean once again!!! 

Funny how sweeping can remind you of the really important things that need to be done.  God was nudging me all day long!

Who am I kidding He has been nudging me since yesterday!  To sweep!!!

Now I know why.......maybe I should be sweeping everyday!

.....or hour or minute.

No comments: