Friday, February 3, 2012

Repurposed Frames for Valentine's Day


It is February and the LOVE day will come and go so fast.  That is why I do not like to go all out on the decorations.  Just a few simple things to add a little love.

First up our fireplace mantle needed a little color.  Something to show love is in the air.

 I knew I did not want to go purchase anything so I started thinking about what I had.  I had an empty frame sitting on that mantle. 

Empty frames are a love of mine.  They are all over our home.  Old frames, weathered frames, new frames-made to look old frames, out for the trash frames and my all time favorite......my grandmother's frames.  You call those treasured frames.

Anyway back to the mantle.  I simply dug in my stash of crafts and came up with this.

Card stock to fit in the frame, ribbon, tin hearts(I've had this for years)and a favorite verse.  Simple and cost me NOTHING!!!  And it added just the right amount of color for my mantle. 

The best part to me is I can take it all out when Valentine's Day is over!

Next up I have two little frames I have held on to forever!!!  One is broken and one I was not all that crazy about. 

The one on the left is the broken one...see on top.  The one on the right is pretty, but not my style anymore.  No problem. 

Bring on the white spray paint!


To go in the frames I used chalkboard paper cut to size for each frame. 


Again went through my craft boxes and found buttons and ribbon to finish these frames out.

I love the way they turned out!!!!!  So cute!  And the perfect size to set out to display a message of love.

You can't even see the broken part on top.  I hot glued the bow to cover that up. 

 The boys have already decided who these frames will go to.  So if you receive one and are seeing this now just act surprised.  They were both repurposed with lots of LOVE!
I hope I have inspired you to repurpose something instead of going out and spending the money. 
Happy Friday everyone!  Now get outside and have some FUN!!!!
And come back tomorrow for a homemade CHEESE biscuit recipe!

5 comments:

championm2000 said...

Great ideas!

One of my friends has pinned some great ideas (on Pinterest) for re-purposing. I am in love with the idea, and these frames are a great reason why.

I especially like the one that wasn't your style anymore, the one you spraypainted. I am sure I have lots of things like that.

I am bummed I won't be here for the cheese biscuit recipe. I'll be sure to come back and check it out once we're home and settled from vacation.

"See" you in about a week!

Unknown said...

Love those ideas!! Especially the chalkboard style frames :) I think it's so neat how you have empty frames around the house, I also love collecting frames but always feel obligated to put a picture in. I should try your idea! I'm a new follower and enjoy your blog so far :) Found you through Heather from Notes from the Nelsons!

www.yeewittlethings.blogspot.com

tiffiny said...

I love those frames. So cute! You are blessed with creativity. :)

Blissful & Domestic said...

You were featured today on Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and grab a button:)

They're fixed this time:>

http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/02/25-valentine-projects-more.html

Unknown said...

What a great way to repurpose your frames! I have a few laying around that might work great for a project like this.
Thank you for linking up to our Valentines Countdown Party!
-Molly from http://www.justalittlecreativity.blogspot.com