Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Art class and antique shopping!


This is my second year to be homeschooling our boys.  I am learning as they learn.  And one thing I have learned is they need some time away from me as much as I need time away from them.

No, I am not ready to throw in the towel and stop homeschooling.  But I am ready to give them another opportunity to learn.  To learn from someone else who is better at certain things then me.

So yesterday I dropped them off for their first ever real art class.  They had such a great time!  It was a three hour class which I was a little nervous about....not for me, but for them.  I wasn't sure if it would be too long, but they did fine. 

As soon as we got in the car Ryan said, "That was a really great art class!"  And they both went on to tell me that "art can be anything...everything".  It was good to hear them talking about the class and the fun they had. 

Artful Mayhem Studio is our new friend and a place I look forward to the boys going often.  BTW....this is not just any art studio I found online.  This happens to be a friend of a very good friend. 
Despite these looks they loved it!!  Yes, they will be going back!
And while the boys took an art class I had some FREE time!!  It was nice to go shopping with a friend who also LOVES antiques, vintage type things and JUNK!!!!   And I picked up a few things to add to my collections. 

The white plate will go above the blue bench all alone for now.  Until I find more!!
And the little blue print plate will go in our kitchen where I have several other plates with different blue prints..
Plates for the walls
And I had to pick up a teacup and saucer!!!!  I saw so many I wanted, but I'll save those for another shopping day.
A teacup and saucer to add to our collection.

I love the yellow!!!
And I can't go antique shopping without coming home with something that was meant for the trash.  I love open/empty frames and window frames.   We saw this walking in and for $10 I could not pass it up.  I'll finish breaking out the glass, but have no idea where I will put it YET. 
Old trash/junk is a treasure to me!!!!


Is it time for another art class yet?
Happy Wednesday y'all!

No comments: