Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Potato Leek Pizza

Fresh from the oven

Potatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, leeks(sauteed in bacon grease), bacon and goat cheese.
New favorite pizza!!!!  And as promised I will share the recipe.

I am usually the traditional style pizza gal.  Plain cheese or pepperoni pizza is fine for me.  But recently I have heard of some really different toppings.  Some I just can't even imagine and others did make me a little curious to try.

We have homemade pizza every Friday night.  So when I was thinking about our pizza night I thought it was time to try something different.  A friend makes a similar pizza which made me remember the one I had read about in my Pioneer Woman's cookbook.

I looked all over her site for the recipe, but this one must be in her cookbook exclusively. 

BUT I did find where someone has posted it.  So I'll take the lazy way out and give you that link.  Following the recipe for Potato-Leek Pizza is also her recipe for pizza crust.  It is the one I have been using for a while now. 

Potato-Leek Pizza
About to go in the oven....look at all those toppings!!!

I will be making this again Friday!!  The leeks were amazing!  I may add less mozza this time or just use fresh grated and add more goat cheese.  Oh boy is it good!!!!!!

Be bold, try some new toppings or at least consider something different.  It took me a while to decide to just do it.  And I am not sorry I did!!!!!

No comments: