Sunday, March 25, 2012

Must Haves for Spring!


And it is here!!!! SPRING 2012!  I love this time of year....have I said that lately?  I do think so!!

I wish I could say I have enjoyed my little break from blogging, but being super busy and having migraine headaches with allergies tossed in for kicks is NOT fun!!!  Not at all!!

I am home today from church trying to get this under control.  And writing/blogging does give me relief.  It calms me and allows me to share what is on my mind.  So.........
Today I am going to share some things I have discovered I must have for this 2012 spring season.  Some things I did share last spring so I guess you could say, good things never change.


Some of you know I have been letting my hair grow.  But I have this funky side where the layers just will not seem to grow.  The day I wash my hair it looks fine.  But day 2 and yes sometimes 3 when I DON'T wash my hair that side looks awful.

WHAT?!  You wash your hair everyday?

Anyway the only thing I could come up with to get that funky side out of sight is headbands.  And man have head bands come a long way.  They do not hurt my head anymore.  I have been known lately to wear one from morning until bedtime.  Now that is a good headband!!!

I keep with basic black and brown, but throw in a little color for kicks every once in a while.  Here are my favorites right now.  Make sure you notice the inside of the black and brown headbands. 



See the "L" and "R"?  Those tell you which side of your head to wear it on.  And I do believe the bottoms of the headbands now days are made a little different then years ago......or at least since I wore a headband.  And this is what makes it much more comfortable for me!


Going from head to feet.........

When spring comes my toes and legs are seen much more than during the fall and winter months.  Cute capris and skirts, flip flips, sandals and wedges......oh how I love them all.   But my legs lack color and my feet need help.....my heels mainly. 

There is nothing pretty about looking at heels that are in desperate need of some Gold Bond Foot Cream!!!!


Oh it makes me cringe when I see heels like this!  But just weeks ago before I started my intensive treatment my heels did look just like this! 

During the spring and summer when I am wearing nothing but flip flops I have to be very careful to take care of my feet.  If not they will go right back to looking like the picture above.  

HELP!!!!

Well first up is my DAILY shower treatment for my heels. So fast and easy!

Every single day my heels get a good scrub in the shower with just plain old soap and a pumice stone.  This is perfect to get that nasty dead/dry skin off your heels.  And then as soon as I am out of the shower and my sweet little feet are dry I rub on Gold Bond Foot Cream.  It is amazing!  I promise! Try this daily for a week and you too will have heels like mine....as soft as a baby's bottom.  Well kinda.




Once you have your feet looking soft it is time to add some color.  At least I think so.  I rarely paint my finger nails because I love the natural look.  But for me personally I think my toes look better painted.  And I LOVE all the bright colors out right now. 

Sinful Colors are some of my favorite for the price.  I buy these are Walgreens for $1.99.  They have every color you can imagine.  And yes, they stay on pretty well. 
Colors from left to right:  Courtney Orange, Savage and Daredevil(this is much brighter in person and in the natural light....it POPS!)

And for my legs.......I love Xen-Tan!!!!  I have been using it for years on my legs.   


I use the Transform Luxe.  Self tanners have come a long way and I truly believe Xen-tan is THE best one out there.  Most leave you with a nasty orange look and the smell is awful!!  Not Xen-Tan!  It gives you more of an olive color that looks natural.  And the smell is not bad at all......an almond scent.  And if this does not give me a headache you know it is good!!!! 

When applying around my knees, ankles and toes I have found adding a tiny bit of lotion helps even it out and not leave streaks.  Their website offers tips for applying as well.

 So if you are looking for a good self-tanner I highly recommend it!!!! 
Check out Xen-Tan today! 
(I do not work for Xen-Tan and they did not pay me for all the wonderful things I said about them, but I am happy to take any samples or be a tester.)

So those are my SPRING must haves at this time.  I'll make sure to let you know if I find anything else that I know you will not be able to live without!

What are your MUST haves for this SPRING season?

3 comments:

Jonnique said...

I agree completely these are all needed for spring.Your newest follower via blog hop! Please follow back so we can share our tips on life and more!!!

championm2000 said...

Great post--will definitely try the Gold Bond since it is time to get SANDAL-READY!

Love the nail polish colors, too!

Unknown said...

I agree that headbands have come a LONG way...they always hurt my head too, but I love that make some comfortable ones now. I use a pumice stone for my feet (well, I haven't lately but should!) but haven't tried the gold bond foot treatment, will definitely check it out. Never heard of Xen-Tan? But if you say it works great, I'll see if we have it around here. I'm pale skinned, so I need all the help I can get come summer hehe. And I don't like tanning beds, so this would be a better option :) Great post Tasha!

Brandi
http://www.yeewittlethings.blogspot.ca