Monday, March 12, 2012

Yarn Wreath


HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!  I am ready to add a little cheer and brightness to your day!!!!

Saturday night I had a Girls' Night IN with my sister.  We first made a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby, picked up dinner and spent the night IN eating and working on crafts.

It was a FUN night!!!  I hope we can do it again very soon!!! 

My craft was this super cute yarn wreath.  Now that is cheerful and BRIGHT!!! 


I had no idea where I would hang it, but during the night it all came to me.  In our hall hangs two black shutters.....nothing on them.  You may remember I hung our Advent calendar on them during December. 

It was the perfect spot!!!  But I only made one wreath.  What could I hang on the other shutter? 

Well I had leftover supplies from this wreath and from the spring wreath I made last week.  Here is what I came up with.


Now my dull shutters have a little SPRING hanging on them!!!!  If only I had a Happy Spring sign to go near the center! I feel a project coming on........
This is such a bright, colorful, FUN wreath!  And easy to make. 

Here is what I used:
-wreath
-two colors of yarn
-rick rack(I am CrAzY about this multi-colored rick rack!!)
-flowers
I started wrapping the wreath with green ribbon.  And wrapped and wrapped.  I quickly found out this was going to take FOREVER!!!!!  So I started wrapping both blue and green at the same time.
Thirty minutes later I had wrapped half way!!!!    
One hour later I was finally done wrapping the wreath with yarn. I did go back and add the blue yarn to the green you see above.  Next I added the rick rack and glued the flowers on.   Blue ribbon for hanging.

And that is it!
Now go brighten your day and make a yarn wreath!!!  Hope you have a great week! 
Tomorrow I'll post the new pizza we had on Friday....YUM!  And a fantastic PIE recipe on Wednesday.....it is Pi Day. 

Don't forget my Cole and the Crooked Flower giveaway !!! I'll announce the winners on Wednesday!  Doesn't anyone out there want to help me spread the word about Ryan's condition? He is a grandson, nephew, cousin and friend, but most importantly he is a little boy who has fought off surgery from Progressive Infantile Scoliosis!!!!! Show your support to him!!!!! Even if you do not have littles ones around you can give it away. Win the book and give it to a friend with children, your church, the library or a doctor's office.
YOU can help me spread AWARENESS for Ryan's(my son)condition!!! And many other children's too!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a great and fun tutorial :) I found you through Sunday Blog Hop @ Blissful and Domestic. :D

championm2000 said...

Cute!

Wrapping that yarn around the wreath may be just the tension release I'll need this weekend!

Sheila said...

That is a really happy little wreath and I love it hanging with your "leftovers" on the shutters! My mom was just asking me for a new wreath for her door, thanks for the inspiration!