Thursday, March 8, 2012

Simple Spring Wreath

I have been wanting to make a spring wreath since February.  I waited as long as I could. 
It was time and the first day is almost here! (March 20th-1st day of SPRING)


I love grapevine wreaths.  And I love the soft look of moss.  I have seen all kinds of ideas for spring wreaths lately and knew exactly what I wanted to make, but it had to be simple! 
It had to have blue eggs, white dainty flowers and moss.


After printing my coupon to Hobby Lobby I was off for some wreath supply shopping!!! While I knew I had a grapevine wreath at home I did not have the kind of moss for this wreath.  I had no idea how much this particular kind cost.  I wanted to use that soft, green, kinda flat moss.  What I found was called Reindeer Moss.  And SCORE!!!  It was 50% off!!!

Here is what I used to make my Spring Wreath:
I had the grapevine wreath, the blue ribbon and the Robin eggs(search my blog for the Robin eggs).  With my coupon and the sale Hobby Lobby was having I only spent $6.78. 

So I started out by using my hot glue gun to glue the moss around the wreath.  I didn't want to go all the way around since I would be adding flowers later.
Next I glued the eggs in the tiny bird nest. And then glued the nest on the wreath/moss.

After I was happy with the moss placement I added the flowers randomly around the wreath.  And then I added a simple blue bow. 

Nothing fancy about this wreath, but I think it SCREAMS SPRING!!!!  And in all my favorite colors!

This morning it is a dreary, rainy day.  But outside on my front door I see hope for a beautiful spring ahead.
Please ignore the "dirty/in need of some paint" door.  After I hung the wreath outside I knew the eggs were missing something.  Spots!    




The day the Lord created hope is probably the day he created Spring! 

Happy Thursday!!!! 

Don't forget my Cole and the Crooked Flower giveaway !!!    
YOU can help me spread AWARENESS for Ryan's(my son)condition-Progressive Infantile Scoliosis.  And many other children's too!!!

4 comments:

Meagan Dennison said...

Love it! Looks like you may have some extra supplies...want to make me one? :-)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I wish I had talent like that ;)

Renee, Lindsey, and Lauren Fontenot said...

I love moss. Your wreath looks nice.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love your wreath! It does look very spring like!