Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Projects with Mod Podge

 

It started out like this.......a childhood favorite for candy at Christmas.  But this year it just did not seem my style anymore.  It was time to ditch the pony and grow up!

 
So I took out my Homemade Mod Podge , grabbed my Christmas scrapbook paper and went to town at making this childhood favorite a little more mature.
 
 
I LOVE it!!  Now all I need to do is fill it with candy canes.
 
 
 
My next Christmas project with Mod Podge is a birthday gift for my Momma. 
By the way today is her birthday. 
Happy Birthday Mother!!!! 
Since her birthday is in December it is just natural for me to always give her something Christmasy.
And after getting a little inspiration last week from a blogging friend (link below) I knew exactly what I wanted to make.  I love how it turned out.
 
O Holy Night
 
Again used Christmas scrapbook paper on an old sign I no longer had hanging around the house, printed out the sheet music off the net and used my homemade Mod Podge.
My only regret is I did not add the title, O Holy Night. 
It was too late once it hit me so I pressed on. Next I added a little sprig of seasonal nature and a small bow.  DONE! 
 
 
I gave it to her last night and she loved it.
 
  
Now, what else can I use my Mod Podge on this week? 
 
 
 
Danni over at, Silo Hill Farm, and her friend Judy made this amazing Deck The Halls Pallet Art that I simply fell in love with.  This is where my inspiration came from for the little gift I made my mom. 
Go check out her blog and their project.  Thanks Danni and Judy for sharing the project.
 
 
 

4 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh Tasha that is gorgeous! I bet your mother was thrilled! I love the little curly wire and the pretty paper around the music. What a fun project and I'm glad I was able to inspire you! I'm sharing this on my facebook page today!
I love your little candy cane box makeover too! Definitely looks more grown up!
I'm so far behind in my blog reading it's not even funny! Hope to catch up soon!

Meagan Dennison said...

Cute!! I need to do stuff like that more often. It's always so cute, and usually pretty easy.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this project! So elegant and yet simple! I'm hosting a homemade holiday party with prizes and I think this would be a great project to link up. I'd love for you to stop by.

http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/12/homemade-holiday-party.html

Have a wonderful day!
Marilyn

Feral Turtle said...

I love your paper. Your projects turned out very nice! Cheers.