Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Think I Can Paint

The boys left for camp yesterday morning and I was left alone to paint.  I gathered all my supplies and set up the table to begin painting.  I also turned on some music. 

Sidenote: Do you listen to music when you are crafting/creating something?  Maybe even cleaning.  I love to, but mostly when I am home alone.  Yesterday I was in the mood for modern country.  Certain songs pull me away from my creations and lead me to grab a wooden spoon (for my mic) and belt it out.....Tim McGraw-Highway Don't Care w/Taylor Swift and Keith Urban.    

Anyway back to my alone time painting.......I had a vision and I had the lines all drawn out in my head.

I used an old crude piece of wood with holes in it.  Maybe it really is not wood, but for this I didn't want to experiment with anything nicer.  I picked five colors in my paint stash and I started on my master piece.


I had no idea what I was doing, but I was trying.  I was creating something I had thought up all by myself and it felt good.

I have had these lines in my head for close to 30 years.  These lines were something I would doodle on paper in class while in school.  Now on a blank canvas I was taking those lines and adding color. 

Each color I added I liked it more and more.  While the boys were off at their Grow Camp I was having my own little fine arts camp at home. 

I think I can paint!.......well sorta.

It was FUN and most enjoyable to be able to try something new without any interruptions.  And here is the finished piece.


I absolutely love the colors!  Come back tomorrow and I'll share where I put my abstract art......on that boring wall that was in dire need of color.

**Update of boring wall HERE **


Texas Women Bloggers

3 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Look at you Picasso :). How wonderful that you made time to paint. I love that you had no idea what you would do and just went for it. It turned out perfect.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those quiet moments while the boys are at camp ♥

Miz Helen said...

What a fun project, it looks great. I am stopping by from Sweet Tea Social to say hi! Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing.
Miz Helen