Saturday, May 3, 2014

Fresh Lime Margaritas

Just in time for Monday!!!  You know Cinco de Mayo!!  Two things come to mind.  Margaritas and chips and salsa.  Hands down!  So this is a two part post.  Come back tomorrow and I'll share a new salsa recipe.  Fresh Tomatillo Salsa.  But for now lets get to the lime goodness.

This was my first time making fresh lime margaritas.  It has been many years since we've made margaritas.  For too long and actually when I did it was with a mix!  Margaritas are a favorite to order when at a Mexican restaurant although I bet many use a mix.  I knew when I set out to find a recipe it must be fresh.....really homemade.  So I got to searching.  I wanted to also use what we had on hand....Triple Sec and Sauza Blue Tequila Silver-white tequila.  These turned out to be so easy and pretty darn good. 




Fresh Lime Margaritas

3/4 cup silver tequila
3/4 cup triple sec
3/4 cup fresh lime juice (this ended up being 9 small limes and it took way too much time, but it was so worth it!)
2 tablespoons sugar

Combine tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small pitcher; stir to dissolve sugar. Add crushed ice to your glass and stir for a full 15 seconds to chill the mixture and properly dilute it with the melting ice. 

Notes: 
-This only made two glasses....glass seen in picture above.
-Allowing the mixture to melt the ice makes a big difference.  After making them we tasted them without ice.  WHOA!!  After adding ice, stirring and the ice started melting it was right on!
-I have always been a frozen rita gal, but these I really liked.  Rocks may be my new thing. 

Recipe adapted from HERE .

No comments: