Friday, November 8, 2013

Five on Friday-#6

ONE-and so it begins.  Upward Basketball!!  Last night the boys went for their evaluations and to be fitted for uniforms.  When I woke up this morning, one hour earlier than I really needed to (darn time change!), my thoughts went to this new adventure.  And to the weekly practice sessions they will begin at the busiest time of the year!  Practice will begin the first week in December and games start in January.  The boys are SO excited!!  Momma has a paper bag handy.

TWO-Bacon, Potato and Caramelized Onions.  I mean really.  How can you go wrong with that?!?!  Trying THIS new pizza recipe tonight.  It is similar to THIS ONE with fewer ingredients.  If potatoes sound weird on a pizza they did to me too at first.  They are a nice surprise I tell you.  So if you are looking for a fresh idea for pizza give either one a try.  Think outside the pizza box!

THREE-it's a classic.  It's been around since I was a little girl and I still love to watch it.  I have a rule in November that we do not buy the boys anything.  It is just too close to Christmas.  But how do you say no to A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving?!
I couldn't!!!!!  In less than five minutes of being home it was unwrapped and in the DVD player. 


FOUR-remember the porch post I painted green? Well last weekend I got around to painting the shorter piece.  I love the color before I added the stain, but this one is for Brant.  We're keeping it as is.  Paint can do amazing things. 

#colormakesmehappy
FIVE-I may not be making as many sweet treats with pumpkin as I usually do, but I am always willing to try a pumpkin craft.  I had intended on making THIS  super easy pumpkin, but I used what I had on hand.  Scrap burlap, dollar store pumpkin and a real pumpkin stem.  Before we tossed our Halloween jack-o-lantern I grabbed the stem.  Then I took strips of burlap and hot glued them to the pumpkin.  Attached the stem and there you have it.  I love how it came out. 


And I am very grateful it is FRIDAY!!!!!!

Enjoy your day and weekend.

3 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

My grandkids played Upward Basketball and loved it! I love the way they take their time adding new skills and rules! Love your post, both ways. We are huge Charlie Brown lovers in this house..especially Sam. I have had 2 fails at making pumpkins with real stems. Yours looks lovely!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Many things to be thankful for. Charlie Brown makes every holiday more special, that's for sure. I love that the little pumpkin has a grateful tag...so sweet and inspiring.

Heather Nelsen said...

Ooh yum, how did that pizza turn out?! And that pumpkin is too cute!! Hope you guys have a great weekend, Tasha!

~Heather